Sunday, November 11, 2012

Post Apocalyptic Riding

I rode at Blue Mountain Today 11/11/2012. It was amazing. I felt alive again. Man.... Hadn't been in the woods for 2-3 weeks? Can't even remember...seems like forever. Somehow I felt powerful, not lame. Maybe the storm(s) gave me strength? I was crushing it. As hard as I could. Needed it.

Hurricane Sandy fucked things up around NYC and then some.... We camped at my place in the East Village with no power for 4 days and then the party continued when JW couldn't leave cause he couldn't get gas to drive back South. Zombie Apocalypse Go Bag Top Ten..... Miner's Light. We had em' and we used em' every day. Bikes were the way to get around after Sandy wrecked things. Wicked dark around lower Manhattan with no lights though...even when we rode with lights on our bikes. Creepy...people stepping out of the darkness, rats, other riders with no lights. It was freaky. We survived. Couldn't get gas to drive to the trails...to ride. Lots of trees down on the trails.... It got cold and snowed with this Noreaster "Athena". Now it's over 60 degrees. Scary. I like warm weather so I'm accepting this 2 day reprieve and just riding. Resuscitating myself. I'm still here. Tougher, more resilient.

3 Lefty's on the roof after Blue

Me and The Bean on the trail at Blue Mountain

Hurricane Sandy Command Center....
before the power went out

Lots of bikes at the DL

In my hood.....life continues

Breakfast

Lunch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment